Aslan's Blog

My blog on life, the universe and everything ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germany

An American in Germany...

18 August, 2006

Einstein and the Spaghetti String Theory, Part II



This is a quiet afternoon at work. The sun is shining and it’s warm enough for the Biergarten, and here I am sitting at the computer “killing time”! But someone has to be here to “man” (or “lady”? ;-) the phone, so I guess I’m it.

A lot has happened since February, when I last blogged. The most important thing is that I changed departments within my company on May 1st. My new job is very different from what I did before, and (on most days) quite interesting and busy. It’s in the Language and Examinations Department, where we oversee our foreign branch offices’ language training programs and examinations, and also produce teaching and testing materials for them. I assist in planning and executing the seminars here at HQ, and provide general assistance to the participants. The one thing that has not changed is that I’m also sort of the “ ‘Jane’ of all trades” helping out wherever needed. :-) But that makes it interesting because I’m learning a lot of new things.

I guess some of you who read the last blog might be wondering what my “Spaghetti String Theory” is. There could be several definitions, so pick your favorite:
  • The more spaghetti you eat, the weirder “life, the universe and everything” seems.
  • Spaghetti strings, when consumed in sufficient amounts, will cause your circumference to expand by quantum leaps.
  • Life is like a plate of spaghetti; the more you dig into it, the more tangled it becomes.
  • Eating spaghetti while reading about Einstein can cause you to come up with the wackiest theories!

Personally, I’ll go with number two!
And on that note, I guess I’ll close up and go have some spaghetti! ;-)


Till next time,

Renee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home